Today is the 99th birthday of one of the coolest women ever: my grandmother.
Of course, I’m not exactly unbiased, but consider the evidence for my claim.
- She has a great sense of humor.
- She is independent and fiesty. Just try to convince her not to rearrange the furniture by herself, I dare you.
- She is a voracious reader with an insightful, curious mind.
- She is writing the family history — and it’s an interesting, often funny read.
- Her interest in style is undiminished. She is a very sharp dresser, and her apartment is a testimony to her easy-going good taste.
- She has a deep and abiding faith. It’s a very good thing to be on her prayer list.
- She lives by the Golden Rule.
- Her other guiding principles are: “Everything (including chocolate, steak, Scotch, and blue cheese dressing) in moderation” and “Use it or lose it.”
- She is much-beloved of her family and friends. I don’t know a soul who doesn’t like spending time with her.
So won’t you please join me in raising a (virtual) glass to her very good health?